Ugrás a fő tartalomra

Everyday Conversation 4

 23 Everyday Conversation


A) Would you like to come to a party?
B) Well, I'd like to ... but when is it?
A) On Saturday evening.
B) What a pity! I'm busy on Saturday.
A) What are you doing?
B) I'm doing my homework.
A) Really! ... Another time perhaps?
B) Yes, thanks anyway.

a party, a dance, a picnic, a pop concert, a football match
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

C) Excuse me, is this seat free?
D) Yes, it is.
C) Is it O.K. if I sit here?
D) Yes, of course.
C) Er, ... is that your newspaper?
D) Yes, it is.
C) May I borrow it for a minute, please?
D) Yes, certainly.

newspaper, pen, lighter, umbrella, magazine

E) Good Morning.
F) Good Morning. Can I help you?
E) Yes, I'm looking for a book.
F) What's the title?
E) Instant English. Have you got it?
F) Yes, we have.
E) How much is it?
F) £5.
E) May I see it?
F) Of course, here you are.

book (Instant English), record (Love Story), magazine (Today), cassette (Instant English), dictionary (Oxford English Picture Dictionary)
£5, £1, £4, £7, £3