Ugrás a fő tartalomra

Can you help me?

 Can you help me?


Thomas is a student. He's staying with the Taylors, an English family.

Thomas Hello, Mrs Taylor. Can you help me? I'm doing my homework and I can't understand this word.
Mrs Taylor Which one? Oh ... That's difficult. I can't help you now ... I'm watching something ...
Thomas Oh? What are you watching?
Mrs Taylor I'm watching a cowboy film.
Thomas Can Mr Taylor help me?
Mrs Taylor No, he can't now, Thomas. He's reading.
Thomas What's he reading?
Mrs Taylor He's reading a magazine.
Thomas What about Kate?
Mrs Taylor Oh, she can't help you now ... she's phoning someone.
Thomas Oh? Who's she phoning?
Mrs Taylor She's phoning her boyfriend ... You're asking a lot of questions tonight, Thomas!
Thomas Am I? ... Well, I'm practising my English!




Exercise:
George is lonely and unhappy. His friends are busy today.

Jill and John / tennis.
What are Jill and John doing?
They're playing tennis.

Mr Smith / his car
Mary / a letter
Mr and Mrs Jonas / television
Bob / a letter
Arthur and Mike / a box
Mrs Brown / the dishes
Tony / beer

drinking
watching
carrying
writing
typing
cleaning
washing