Ugrás a fő tartalomra

A Questionnaire


36. A Questionnaire

Desmond Philton works for a Market Research company. He's asking people about their free time.
Desmond Good evening, sir.
Mr Norris Good evening.
Desmond I'm from Market Research Ltd. May I ask you some questions?
Mr Norris Yes, ... yes, all right.
Desmond Thank you ... Now, what time do you usually arrive home from work?
Mr Norris Hmm ... I usually arrive home at six o'clock.
Desmond When do you usually have dinner?
Mr Norris Oh, I usually eat at seven o'clock, but I sometimes eat at eight o'clock or nine o'clock. My wife works too!
Desmond What do you usually do after dinner?
Mr Norris Well, I sometimes go out, but I usually stay at home and watch television.
Desmond How often do you go out?
Mr Norris Oh, not often ... once or twice a week.
Desmond Do you often visit your friends?
Mr Norris Yes, I do, quite often. I sometimes visit them, and they sometimes visit me.
Desmond Do you ever go to the cinema?
Mr Norris Oh, yes ... yes, I do.
Desmond How often?
Mr Norris Well, I occasionally see a film ... I like horror films ... Frankenstein os Dracula!
Desmond ... and the theatre? Do you ever go to the theatre?
Mr Norris Yes, I do ... but not often. I rarely go to the theatre.
Desmond Hmm ... Do you ever go to the ballet?
Mr Norris No, never. I don't like ballet.
Desmond Well, thank you Mr Norris ...
Mr Norris May I ask you a question?
Desmond Yes?
Mr Norris What do you do in your free time?
Desmond I ask questions, Mr Norris ... I never answer them.
Mr Norris Oh!